I did some free motion ruler work around the center block and then feathered around it. I nearly went blind trying to see what I was stitching on that black with black thread, but I am very pleased with it.
Despite my reasons to Ditch the Stipple, I did do some stippling on this quilt.
I kept the stitching in the black wool scalloped pieces pretty simple with an outline roughly 1/4 inch around with a little loop-de-loop in the scallop. I used my straight fine line ruler along the the pieced edge with my wonderful Janome ruler toe.
A little swirl in the bear paw and continuous curves, plus curved crosshatching in the corner blocks.
Detail of the crosshatching, below. This quilt was a bit difficult because of all the blanket stitching and embellishments I had to work around, but I enjoyed the creative opportunities it gave me.
Now, on to the next project; working on some quilted purses I started a while ago and another customer quilt, this time with embroidery. I am waiting on an order of thread from Superior for the customer quilt. And I ordered some new threads to try.